Winery Number One

One could make an entire vacation just touring the wineries and breweries in Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia.  Our friend lives right in the heart of the valley, so it took very little planning to spend some time in the vineyards.
These photos were taken at "Domaine De Grande Pré", which although was the first, turned out to be my favourite. We ended up bringing home 2 bottles of a fantastic tasting red called "Castel."
After our very informative tour and tasting, we took a walk through the vineyard to a park that overlooked Grand Pré.

Adirondack chairs were everywhere, but these were unique. 


In the garden.


Our tour guide in the store, where we bought the most delicious cheese I have ever tasted - an Applewood Smoked Gouda.
This stuff was to die for, and I have asked for some to be sent my way at Christmas.


The courtyard.


One of the paths leading to the vineyard.


This is where we walked to get to the park.

Itty, bitty, baby grapes.

A view of the Grande Pré area.

A nice view from one of the places we stopped at on the way home.  I love the color of those river banks.

Comments

  1. This is some gorgeous scenery. I enjoy a good winery tour and I would have taken home some of that gouda, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never, EVER get out of those red chairs! LOL

    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I lived in California for 30 some years, I never had the opportunity to head north and visit any of the beautiful wineries up north. It needs to be on my bucket list. You must have truly enjoyed yourself. The photos are very inviting! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The views are awe inspiring & I love the grape vine & cluster paving stones in the courtyard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things