Fall Bliss

I am completely in love with my yard right now.  This is my 6th autumn here with a large garden(s), and so far, my most successful.  The pumpkin patch is amazing!!!  Even with the threat of yet another early frost coming on Monday, I am still happy with how many pumpkins, gourds and squash I have. My fall and Halloween displays should be nearing impressive for sure.  It is difficult to show in pictures how crazy these pumpkin vines have went, but when I am standing in among them, I feel like I am in an ocean of sorts. I won't know exactly how many I have until after the frost, when I can walk freely through the patch.

I'm talking a lot about pumpkins here, but what I'm really featuring in these photos is a sweet little visitor that showed up back in June.  We call him Sam, and he is the friendliest kitty you've ever met. We're certain someone dropped him off near our home, and we've been loving him and looking for a home ever since.  I've become so fond of him that I am almost sad to say that we have found the perfect home for him.  I already have 3 kitties, and one more is just too many.  I only ever intended to have one. Sam has been begging to come indoors since day 1, but he wants my other 3 to move out.  I tried to explain things to him, but he thinks he's special and should have rule of the roost.  He will have just that where he's going and will receive more than enough love from his new Mommy.




I tossed my daughter into the patch to offer some perspective.

I just had to toss in a photo of these huge marigolds.  Most of them easily cover my hand, fingers and all, and yes., they are that bright of an orange.  

Comments

  1. Wow! The pumpkin patch is huge! Well done!
    Sam really is a handsome puss and its good you found him a loving home.
    Beautiful marigolds too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've fallen for the kitty too. I'm such a pushover. lol Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, cute shots of your kitty. The marigold is beautiful. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sure is adorable. That pumpkin patch is amazing!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo of your daughter in the pumpkin patch. Sam is a sweetie and I hope he will be so happy in his new home. Bless you for caring for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a BEAUTIFUL early fall you are having. The pumpkin patch is awesome!

    OHHHH.....I would have taken Sam in a minute if I lived near you. He is one handsome fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous your yard is, my dearest one, what a charm !
    Thank you, darling Andrea, for sharing such stunning images, with your lovely daughter and your sweet kitty adding ... amiability !

    May your week be blessed with joy, sending hugs and ever much love to you

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a beautiful garden...and such a lovely kitty posing so nicely for the pics! Looks like you will be having LOTS of pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute kittie! And beautiful marigolds. Your lawn looks lovely. Ooo and you will have to share some of that pumpkin pie!! :D

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sam is adorable, it looks like he enjoys being right where he is lol!! We have a couple that we feed on our porch but they're wild so we haven't really been able to get close although the kitten that is now about 1 year old loves to sit nearby and be talked to. Sneakers would never allow him inside. I love your pumpkin patch, it looks huge. Autumn is wonderful isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sam is adorable, it looks like he enjoys being right where he is lol!! We have a couple that we feed on our porch but they're wild so we haven't really been able to get close although the kitten that is now about 1 year old loves to sit nearby and be talked to. Sneakers would never allow him inside. I love your pumpkin patch, it looks huge. Autumn is wonderful isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things