Evangeline Beach

On our trip to Nova Scotia this past July, one of the first of many beaches we explored was Evangeline.  The Bay of Fundy boasts the highest tides in the world and it was a wonder watching the landscape change before our eyes. We arrived at this beach when the tides were going out, and my kids, wanting to stay near the water, kept getting further and further away. They had a blast, and had very muddy feet by the end.

My neck was sore at the end of our walk, but I never tire of looking down to see all the interesting mine landscapes of the beach.

It was hard to step around the thousands of snails the receding tide revealed.

And then all of this grass showed up...
It was difficult walking, and they were sinking up past their ankles, but my young explorers couldn't get enough.


And here they are getting further and further away.

Birds flying in a group are captivating.  They would make a turn, seem to nearly disappear, then turn again pop into view.

Comments

  1. What an interesting day this was. I can't imagine the degree of the tide going in and out. How deep does it get when it is in? These are awesome pictures and I love watching flocks of birds do their disappearing act ... not so sure I would like watching my children disappearing :) Nice series, Andrea

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool to see as it is unlike any beach we have here - to my knowledge!
    There's nowhere quite as fun to explore as a beach, adults & kids alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I always enjoy time at the beach. Lovely views and images. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What glorious photos of this beautiful beach...so peaceful an serene! I'm wishing the days away until I get to our beach next week with my sister! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a beautiful area, thank you for taking us along.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things