A Long Overdue Visit

The visit was overdue as is this post, but with the weather being as gorgeous as it is, who has time to be indoors?  I truly wish I could get my Wifi to work outside.  Last Friday, I headed about 6 hours west to spend time with a special friend.  The weather was wonderful, and so I headed out to the backyard with my camera, and as promised came home with plenty of photos.  In all my years of visiting her home, I have never gone around and taken photos of the place,  a place I've come to consider a home away from home.  I am so glad I took the time to do this, as it is a source of comfort for me.  An escape from my everyday where I can go to recharge and get a change of perspective when I need it.



Rarely have I visited and left without enjoying a glass of Merlot beside a campfire.  The best conversations happen here, and for a time, the world and it's problems seem to be manageable. 




I love my friend's style in the garden and have modeled my own yard after hers. Subtle, natural, creative, and thrifty is how this place is done, and I feel right at home here.







Meet Louise, a 16 year old, green-eyed beauty.  She is a talker and whenever she has something to say, she'll have you sympathizing with her in a heartbeat.  She has an incredibly beautiful sister, Thelma, who I've avoided including photos of because she is looking very frail these days, and I just couldn't do that to her.  You see, Thelma is a Princess and is very particular about appearances. I'm sure she would never forgive me. Besides, this was the first visit in 15 years that she allowed me to pet her, and that was a special moment.



It would not be a complete visit without a stop by the neighbor's place.  There is a wonderful assortment of pets to enjoy, and with exception of one of the geese, they are all so very friendly. The horse's name is Floyd and he is a joy to be around, although he wasn't very cooperative with the camera.



There are 2 goats, both the friendliest of beasts. There are also geese, cats, dogs, pigeons, fish, hamsters, budgies, a parakeet, a chinchilla, and I may be forgetting someone.  Yep, very close to being enough critters for a petting zoo!



The only reason I was able to get close to this little guy is that he is a baby. I just love their cooing and find it very soothing.





Comments

  1. Hello, love all the cute animals. Sad to hear that that Thelma the kitty is not well. Your friend has a beautiful place, a glass of wine by the campfire sounds wonderful. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos...a Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the beautiful views to help forget about the mess we are hearing about on TV all the time. Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day.
    MEredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great visit & wonderful photos to share with us! Such a darling cat!
    Glad you were able to unwind & put the world to rights - for a time anyway!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your visit, I just love your friend's property. The animals over at her neighbours are wonderful. My hubby is always calling our place a zoo. I would have so many more critters if I could right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog