Morning Greetings With Last Night's Sunset

I'm taking my morning tea with Lightroom and a few of last night's photos.  As I'm typing, I keep looking up and out a window from my basement and just noticed  a blue jay that has perched himself on a branch.  Maybe I will be lucky enough to capture him in a photograph later today.  Our jays seem to be very shy around here though, even though they know who fills their feeder every week. Oh, and now I see a very large woodpecker, another camera shy bird.  Maybe I need a more powerful lens, so I can get up close without having to get up close.
On a different note, I have a nephew who is turning 19 today, and I was able to claim him for lunch this afternoon.  He is the oldest of all my sister's and my children, and there are 10 of them.  I am truly looking forward to this get together, as I rarely get to see him on his own. Almost never, in fact. But every time I do see him, he shows me a gorgeous photo of a sunrise or sunset on his phone.  The kiddo's got a natural eye for good composition.
So this photo is for you Jay.  Have a very Happy Birthday!


Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to your beloved nephew on this gorgeous Sunset, thank you darling Andrea for sharing such amazing pictures which always leave me breathless !
    With love and gratitude
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Daniela! I just cannot stop taking pictures of our sky lately. It seems everyday has opened and closed with a spectacular scene!

      Delete
  2. Sweet sunset, Andrea! enjoy your get together and a happy birthday to your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shocks me how much he has grown as a person. I truly enjoyed my time with him.

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful sunset. I hope you enjoyed your tie together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you two will have a nice lunch together, that is very special time with a 19 year old!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was special Meredith. Thank-you for visiting, as always.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog