Mothers of Boys work from Son up until Son down...

Meet Jared, my 6 year old boy, a tumbling ball of energy.  I've yet to meet a Mother of a little boy who cannot relate to me.
His most frequent question is,"Mommy, can I climb this?".  His second favourite is, "Mommy, can I hit this with that?".  His third, and this is what makes up for all the rest, is, "Mommy, can I have a kiss and a hug?".  Well, at least I don't have to say no all the time.
Creative, imaginative, energetic, and my favourite, snuggly, are all words that perfectly describe my little guy.  My daughter was the poster girl for independence, never wanting to be held, let alone snuggled, so since this wee creature entered my life 6 years ago, well, let's just say, I've yet to have a snuggle-free day.  Works for me, as I've always been a snuggler and it drove me crazy when I learnt that my first baby (girl) just needed to be put down to stop crying.
I miss the days of having a tiny baby in my arms, and even though my kids are getting too big and too heavy to be carried around, as long as I can lift them, I will pick them up for their hugs and kisses, carry them to the nearest bed, plunk them down and tickle them.  I truly dread the time when those days will be over.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog