My First Zentangle

Here is my first real attempt at a zentangle. I say 'real' because my actual first attempt was a bit of a cheat. First of all, I used pencil, and therefore was too tempted to use an eraser. This is a big no-no when working this particular form of art. The idea is to 'go-with-the-flow', use a pen, and see where that mistake leads you.
This art of doodling is a sort of meditation. It is not only very calming, but in the end, surprisingly rewarding.
In this one, I borrowed my son's hand and traced it, then continued from there. In about 2 hours, (divided), I had completed not only a piece of art, but a keepsake of the size of my little guy's hand at the age of 5.
Are there mistakes in there? Yes. Would I do things differently next time? Yes, but that's the whole point, they are all different. There are no two alike.
I came across this idea when blog hopping around the world during the 'One World One Heart' bloggers event, and new instantly that I had to try it. I'm glad I did, and would recommend it to anyone who needs a little down time. Maybe you're just a bit tired, or are experiencing a creative block. This could be a great way to relax and free your mind.

Comments

  1. Oooh Andrea this is great.. isn't it the most fun.perfect watching tv and relaxing time.. you did a great job on it...
    Kath
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Zentangle! I just discovered it myself, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Zentangles! My grandmother was a great abstract artist, and taught me to do them. They are so much fun. Yours turned out great, and I love the hand print idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog