Pottery Class

To get out of the house, meet new people, and of course to learn something new, a couple of friends and I decided to join a pottery club. I came out with a lot of different pieces, some hand molded, but mostly I worked on the wheel. Out of all the pieces, these are my favorite, not necessarily for what they are, but because of how the glaze turned out. I never put much thought into the glazing. This part of the pottery process was very random and experimental for me. These little bowls were dipped entirely in a clear glaze, and then 'rimmed' in a blue. The blue glaze ran down the inside and out, creating this wonderful, organic look. Now seeing as how I don't usually use dipping bowls in my kitchen, I think I well move these to my crafting space where they will become bead organizing bowls instead. This way, I will get a lot more enjoyment out of them.

Comments

  1. these are beautiful... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! What a fun new hobby :) I've always wanted to learn more (beyond h/s art class!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really ppretty; good job on the new medium !

    ReplyDelete
  4. your little bowls are wonderful - i'm full of admiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful and you are right, very organic looking. I love that about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, Andrea! I love the glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are great! I admit to being a little bit jealous, I haven't had a chance to work with pottery in years.

    I love the glaze though, it definitely has an organic feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!!

    You would be surprised, I have "dipping bowls" in my kitchen and they get quite a lot of use. they are the perfect size for a before bed snack of yogurt as well as for holding little things that are between preparation stages in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog