Chocolate and Lavender

When I'm looking for a little comfort, a bit of indulgence, I turn to chocolate or lavender, and sometimes both. Chocolate in the form of 85 to 90 percent cocoa, and lavender in the form of essential oil, added to a bath or spritzed on a blanket before I sit down to read. This sounds simple, but for me it is like having had a vacation. All I need is a few minutes, and I can completely clear my head and get to a calm place, where I am once again centered and ready to go on with the day. Even the colours are effective in setting the tone for my mood. My bedding was completely inspired by these two comforts. The sheets are a bamboo and cotton blend in an earthy, lavender, and my duvet is a dark, chocolate brown. I find the combination both soothing and beautiful. I've grown lavender in my garden and this year I have started it from seed in my greenhouse and intend to harvest it to make little sachets for my drawers and closets. It is barely an inch high, and it already gives off a heavenly scent. If I could grow chocolate, I would, but as it is, I always have 85 to 90 percent in my pantry, and almost always visit a Bernard Callebaut shop when I visit the city. I haven't found another since, but when I visited Ucluelet on Vancouver island a couple of years ago, I experienced a dark chocolate flavoured with lavender. It was absolutely divine.
My 'Oh Canada' teammates and their wide variety of shops have provided all the items in the above collection. The talent and creativity we have access to on Etsy never ceases to amaze me. With over 400,000 active sellers worldwide, you're sure to find something wonderfully unique for yourself or someone dear.

Comments

  1. Great post! I do love chocolate, and adding lavender to it never would have occurred to me. Now I want to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the treasury, and glad to know the inspiration behind it. I'll have to try your relaxation technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderfully delicious & aromatic post & treasury, Andrea! I'm a chocoholic too, I'm gonna have to find some of that dark lavender variety - sounds heavenly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about citrus essential oil and apple crisp :)

    My follow isn't working and I can't figure out why, Andrea. I guess I am too new yet to fix the bugs but your blog is showing up on my dashboard but your posts don't. ugh ! I deleted it and came back to hit follow again, hopefully that will have it worked out for me. I hate missing your posts so I have just been checking back manually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea, I sure would love those recipes, especially the apple pie one, sorry couldn't find your email address to reply back that way so I thought I'd just comment here. Lovely blog by the way, and this treasury is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog